North Side Branch Library
(now owned by Bruce Meyer Productions)

810 29th Street
Placed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 7, 2000
Designed by William Steele and constructed in 1929, this was one of three branch libraries designed for the City of Sioux City by Mr. Steele. Although Mr. Steele is famous for his Prairie School style buildings (most notably the Woodbury County Courthouse), this library is constructed in the Tudor style of architecture which is a departure from his preferred style. This building, however, was intended to blend in with the other residences in the neighborhood and still fits nicely with the other homes nearby. Built for a cost of $20,000, it was also placed in a park setting which further enhances the Tudor style.