Morningside Fire Station No. 6
4203 Morningside Avenue
Completed in 1917 at a cost of $10,000, Fire Station No. 6’s red tile hipped roof, wide eaves and stone bands accentuate the horizontal lines of this beautiful Craftsman style building. In late 2002, the Sioux City Historic Preservation Commission and SiouxLandmark joined forces to support saving this valuable structure. The superb results of this effort were featured in a national magazine, American Bungalow, which cited the restoration as a prime example of community pride and prudent government preservation.