The Atchison A. Ashby House
1807 Summit Street
Placed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 9, 1998
Built in 1916, the Ashby house is a two-story solid brick, Tudor Revival structure with a front gable roof. Omaha architect Frederick A. Henniger designed the home for Dr. Atchison and Alma Ashby who resided there until 1951. Typical of the Tudor Revival style, the house features a red, clay-tiled roof, half-timbering, interesting brick highlights and an elongated one-story porch running three-quarters of the front façade’s length.